Strategy consulting services relating to the development of a planned Media City in the Middle East
A joint venture between Aljazeera Network, Qatari Diar and Barwa Media plans to launch a “Media City” in Qatar (QMC). Barwa Media who are managing the development organised a group of advisors to complete a feasibility study into various workstreams including Information and Communication Technology (ICT). This included a high-level feasibility study for presentation to State Officials, as part of the on-going approval process before detailed implementation plans are drawn up.
Clevercoms worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) to deliver the feasibility study for the ICT workstream.
The Media City’s vision sought to create unique and sustainable differentiation from existing and planned “Smart City” developments in the Middle East and Asia. Central to realising the vision was the need for a compelling value proposition to attract leading Media companies and supporting ecosystem of Technology and Telecommunications partners. Key to the success of the value proposition is establishing an ICT infrastructure capable of delivering innovative and value-based services that enabled businesses to use the Media City as a “gateway” to access new and emerging markets regional markets in GCC, Asia and Africa, whilst improving overall operating efficiency and agility.
The client’s vision demanded a response that transformed the ICT services landscape.
An approach that both challenged current understanding of market and technological trends and pushed the boundaries of innovation was required to gain insight and present scenarios for possible future outcomes.
Clevercoms provided industry leading expertise to support the strategy and performance improvement capabilities of PwC and also led key elements of the feasibility to:
- Create the overarching strategic context and key success factors focused on customer experience;
- Adapt the ICT value chain and develop business model options that leveraged property developer investment whilst underpinning the collaborative media partners ecosystem;
- Establish the requirements for resilient submarine cable and satellite networks to deliver global and regional connectivity and distribution; and
- Create the vision for an integrated operations centre that provided secured delivery and enhanced data protection for businesses and consumers as they exploit ICT services to enhance business operations and lifestyle experiences.
Clevercoms working in partnership with PwC enabled the ICT workstream to deliver:
- A comprehensive feasibility report detailing the ICT “concept and vision, future-proofed technology and secured operations infrastructure to deliver value-based business applications, enable agility and drive operating efficiency globally.
- Key ICT attributes and characteristics that provide sustainable differentiation from the competition and drive enhanced customer experience for business and consumers.
- An outline implementation plan and associated budget.
The project was completed within two months in keeping with the client’s timetable.
“We worked with Clevercoms because their experience and specialist knowledge in the ICT sector would enhance the skills of our team. Their consultants helped us to ensure that we were able to meet the client’s very tight deadlines and deliver an exceptional result”
Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP